March is Prime Time for Vermont Sking and Riding
Head to Vermont’s mountain resorts this spring for a slew of seasonal "Bests" from more sunshine and less crowds, to family events, maple festivals and getaway packages. Here are some crowd pleasers:
1. Take a Layer Off: the average high for March is 37 degrees and the average low is a comfortable 20 degrees. Additionally, daylight hours are longer which allows for people to rise with the sun at 6:05 a.m. and enjoy après-ski sunsets at 7:00 p.m.
2. Lift-Lines no Longer: March sees a drop in skiers compared to the holiday vacation months of January and February. That’s more mountain for you to enjoy!
3. Good Snow: Vermont averages more than 1000 trails to explore during the month of March. This month’s soft and plentiful snow, coupled with ideal temperatures, also make it a superb month for beginners to learn to ski or ride.
4. Save a Buck: Skiers and riders who visit Vermont in March for deals are very mountain-savvy. Lift ticket prices fall and bargains abound. Here’s a peak at some deals: http://www.skivermont.com/events-and-deals/deals.
5. Also high on the list are the special events! Fun activities are plentiful from concerts, rail jams, barbecues, beach parties, Mardi Gras, Green Beer on St. Patty’s Day, lift ticket specials... here are a few to (pond) skim over: http://www.skivermont.com/events-and-deals/events.