Ski Vermont Adventure Parks 2014
Sarah Wojcik, email@example.com
Bromley Mountain's Summer Adventure will be in full swing starting May 24th. Bromley is home to Vermont’s largest summer fun parks; attractions include the triple-track Alpine Slide, the Sun Mountain Flyer, the Big Splash Waterslide, and the Aerial Adventure Park. They’ve got giant trampolines, mini golf, a climbing wall, the Giant Swing and a park just for the little guys with bumper boats, a super air slide and bounce house. If you thought winter was their only game...think again.
Magic Mountain will open their summer adventure park on June 21, 2014 through Columbus Day with the TimberQuest Park - a series of tree-top obstacle courses and zip lines. It's a park designed to offer a challenge in self-discovery, thrills, excitement and adventure in an authentic Vermont mountain experience.
Okemo’s Adventure Zone at Jackson Gore offers fun for the whole family. Whether visitors spend an hour or an entire day, The Adventure Zone is sure to garner giggles, shouts and squeals of pure delight. New this summer is Okemo’s Haulback Challenge Course, a self-guided, treetop adventure. The challenge course is a linear arrangement of fun and unusual physical challenges requiring participants to travel from tree to tree, at various heights, using a combination of suspended bridges, ropes and cables. Platforms surrounding the trees link the different features.
The Timber Ripper Mountain Coaster is Vermont's first roller-coaster-style attraction, where riders control their own speed. There are zipline tours, Segway excursions, an inflatable stunt bag, trampoline bungee jumping, disc golf, mini golf and more.
From the mountainside Stowe Mountain Lodge & Spa to mountaintop access, there’s literally something for all to enjoy during summer at Stowe Mountain Resort.
Stowe Mountain Resort’s summer attractions include:
- Summer Mountain Adventure Camp (Starts June 16) - For kids ages 3-12. Golf, tennis, rock climbing, arts & crafts, exploring streams & rivers, hiking, swimming, team sports and more.
- Auto Toll Road (Opens May 17)- Over 150 years old, the 4.5-mile unpaved road begins next to the Inn at the Mountain and climbs to an elevation of 3,850 feet.
- Gondola Skyride (Opens Fall 2014) - An equally spectacular mountain ascent, the gondola terminates at Stowe Mountain Resort’s Cliff House restaurant.
- NEW ZipTour® Zip Line Adventure (Opens Fall 2014) - Three spans, each with two side-by-side cables, totaling 10,193’ feet from atop VT’s highest mountain, making it the 2nd longest zip line tour in the United States.
At Smugglers’ Notch Resort, ArborTrek Canopy Adventures has established an adventure hub that serves all ages. The action takes place on the wooded mountainside where ArborTrek’s award-winning eight zip line canopy tour has been drawing visitors since 2010. Two aerial trekking courses incorporate over 50 elements such as wobbly bridges, balance beams, zip lines, rope swings, cargo nets and more connecting tree platforms anchored 3 to 25 feet above the ground. The Apple Creek course serves ages 4 and older, and the Back Forty Course is for ages 8 and older. ArborTrek’s tree climbing program blends belay technology with climbing holds, and climbers can also challenge themselves on vertical challenge obstacles and a climbing wall incorporating multiple routes ranging from novice to challenging. Smugglers’ also offers geocaching, custom rock climbing, and a Via Ferrata course blending hiking, rock climbing and high ropes adventure. www.smuggs.com/skivts, 855-581-5906
Explore Sugarbush Resort’s Summer Adventure Center, opening June 21, 2014:
- Scenic Lift Rides: Magnificent panoramic views while gliding up the mountainside. At the top, explore the landscape or simply enjoy the tranquility. Ride up, hike down. Hike up, ride down. Or ride both ways.
- Disc Golf: A walk in the woods re-imagined into a fun game. Ride to the top for a challenging downhill match or play the rolling terrain of the base course.
- Bungee Trampoline: Kids of all ages can take to the outdoor bungee trampoline. Strap in and take flight up to 25 feet in the air for a thrill like no other.
- Bounce House: The inflatable bounce-house-obstacle-course offers a rugged yet safe activity perfect for kids.
- Zipline: An 800’ zipline soars through the air to a landing pad behind the Gate House Lodge.
We want to be your tour guide! Ski Vermont offers individual media tours of our member resorts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.