Ski Vermont, Eat Vermont: The 2014 Specialty Food Tour at Vermont Ski and Snowboard Resorts
Sarah Wojcik, email@example.com
Ski Vermont and the Agency of Agriculture are welcoming skiers and riders to come sample local foods at Vermont resorts' Specialty Food Days. Once again Cabot Cheese, the Vermont Maple Sugar Maker’s Association, and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters will be sampling tasty Vermont products. New this year to the line-up are local companies O.W.L. Bars, Cedar Hollow Farms, Vermont Spirits, It’s Arthur’s Fault sauces and Localvore Today.
O.W.L. Bars will sample gluten and dairy free energy bars, using gluten free oats and all natural products including flaxseed meal, sunflower seeds, almonds, organic dark chocolate, raw Vermont honey, peanut butter, and a variety of dried fruits.
Vermont Spirits distills award winning, artisanal spirits and partners with Vermont farmers to use local products in their spirits. They are the spirit sponsor of Ski Vermont as well.
Cedar Hollow Farms provides all natural sweet and savory jellies made of peppers and seasonal produce.
Localvore Today offers money-saving deals for local Vermont culture including: art, food & farm, health, home, lifestyle, and tourism and will be sampling a variety of local foods.
Returning Vermont food vendors include: Kimball Brook Farms chocolate milk, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, Gringo Jack’s chips and salsa, Liz Lovely Cookies, and Vermont Smoke and Cure meats. Vermont Weddings will also return for another year with samples from great local bakeries and a wealth of information on how to wed locally.
“We’re excited to welcome new vendors and old to another successful Ski Vermont Specialty Food tour,” said Sarah Wojcik of Ski Vermont. “We always enjoy forging new bonds with local food vendors and helping connect them with skiers and riders visiting Vermont. We are lucky to to have great relationships with so many local food producers in Vermont and to be able to showcase these partnerships at these events."
Specialty Food Days for 2014 are scheduled from 10:30am – 2:30pm at the following resorts:
· Tuesday, January 28, 2014: Mad River Glen Resort’s Roll Back the Clock Day
· Friday, January 31, 2014: Jay Peak Resort’s Farmer Appreciation Day
· Saturday, February 1, 2014: Q Burke Mountain
· Saturday, February 8, 2014: Bromley Mountain
· Sunday, February 9, 2014: Magic Mountain
· Saturday, February 15, 2014: Quechee Ski Area
· Tuesday, February 18, 2014: Smugglers’ Notch Resort
· Saturday, February 22, 2014: Middlebury College Snow Bowl’s Winter Carnival
· Sunday, February 23, 2014: Bolton Valley
· Saturday, March 1, 2014: Okemo Mountain Resort
· Sunday March 2, 2014: Sugarbush Resort
· Saturday March 15, 2014: Mount Snow Resort
· Sunday, March 16, 2014: Stratton Mountain Resort
· Saturday, March 29, 2014: Killington Resort
· Sunday, March 30, 2014: Pico Mountain at Killington
We want to be your tour guide! Ski Vermont offers individual media tours of our member resorts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.