Ski Vermont during the Sunniest and Snowiest Month of the Season and Save
Sarah Neith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Take off the bulky mid-winter layer and enjoy the sun and snow of March. As the days get longer and temps warm up, it’s time to enjoy the fruits of winter in the most ideal setting. Vermont ski resorts encourage skiers and riders to come enjoy the already exceptional snow coverage during the snowiest month of the year and take advantage of the late season offers and events. With the state’s 80% snowmaking coverage and the plush snowfall we’ve received this season, we’ll all be skiing and partying right into April.
Stratton Mountain Resort
Earn your goggle tan this spring with sun, snow and savings at Stratton Mountain Resort. March is typically the snowiest month and starting March 3, multi-night stays are up to 30% off. Lift and lodging packages are even more available and deep online discounts for lift tickets get even deeper. Learn more about deals, savings and events at www.stratton.com.
Mount Snow Resort
Ski and ride at Mount Snow starting March 1 all the way through closing day with the discounted Vernal Eternal spring pass that gives the pass holder unlimited spring skiing and riding. Save cash and celebrate Saint Patty’s Day Mount Snow style with green eggs and kegs and $17 lift tickets (limited quantity, online advance purchase only). To purchase tickets and passes for spring, visit www.vernaleternal.com.
Back for spring is Bromley’s Spring Loaded Card! For just $99, all ages, get your card loaded with four days of great skiing and riding! (That’s less than $25/day!) Card is valid starting Feb. 25, 2013, 7 days a week, and ski days expire 12/20/2013…that’s right—still good for an early season teaser next winter! Non-transferable, can only be used once a day. Restrictions apply, visit bromley.com for details!
Spring Fling Weekend on March 23 and 24 celebrates the best of Spring skiing and riding with live music and fun family events. 2-Day E-coupons lift tickets are available for this weekend: Adults $95, Teens $85, Juniors $65. Download your E-Coupon today!
Okemo Mountain Resort
Corn snow, sugar snow, hero snow…whatever your preference, the waning days of winter bring some of the season’s best skiing and riding at Okemo Mountain Resort, plus zany spring events and great deals on lift tickets.
Pre-buy Online: When skiers and riders purchase lift tickets online, at least 48 hours in advance, they can save a sap bucket full of cash. The newest deal posted there is Thrifty Thursday. Skiers and riders can get two-for-one pricing on lift tickets every Thursday through the end of the season by logging onto okemo.com.
Bolton Valley Resort
Spring skiing means sunset skiing at Bolton Valley, as lifts run straight through sunset until 8pm Wednesdays - Saturdays. Enjoy spectacular sunsets over Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks as you ski and ride in direct sunlight late into the evening on western facing slopes. It’s a unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else in Vermont.
Deal days at Bolton Valley roll on through spring. Every Monday skiers and riders over the age of 50 ski for 50% off. Wednesdays are college nights with $19 all access lift tickets starting at noon for college students with college ID. Saturdays keep the weekend moving with Bolton After Dark, $19 all ages lift tickets starting at 4pm.
Sugarbush is rolling out another deal to keep you having fun in the sun and snow this March. Introducing the March Pack – We’ve packaged up four Adult Mt. Ellen lift tickets valid any time in March 2013, and are offering them for just $149. A 46% savings. March Pack tickets are transferable, so you can share them with friends or keep them to yourself. But you have to act fast – March Pack is for sale only through February 28th.
Stowe Mountain Resort
Stowe Mountain Resort receives an impressive 300+ inches of snowfall each winter and March is typically the snowiest month of the year on Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak. Deep snow-pack, moderating temperatures and frequent fresh snowfall is the template for mountain conditions every March in Stowe. Couple that with fewer people on the mountain and a calendar of fun late-season events and you’ll find the ideal time and place this winter to ski and ride.
Trapp Family Lodge
Trapp Family Lodge looks forward all season long to the spring "corn" snow conditions, which open up all sorts of opportunities. Meadows become perfect obstacle-free training grounds for backcountry turns, and our sap can be gathered on skis instead of snowshoes (though it's a bit riskier...) We call this "hero" snow, because everyone can be a hero in these conditions. There is no better time to learn to nordic tour on lightweight backcountry gear, and no ski center offers a better combination of terrain, equipment, and expertise. Come enjoy the spring conditions in the Vermont mountains. www.trappfamily.com 800 826 7000
Smugglers’ Notch Resort
A spring getaway to Smugglers’ Notch Resort promises special activities and value pricing with longer days, warm sunshine, and soft snow on the slopes pleasing skiers and riders. Vacation packages include condominium lodging, daily lift tickets, use of the indoor pool and hot tubs, snow tubing, and bouncing fun in the indoor FunZone with its climbing inflatables and games. Each week a dramatic torchlight parade, bonfire and fireworks are held against the backdrop of the Green Mountains. During the first two weeks of March, lodging and lift packages start at $105 per youth (ages 3-17) and $135 per adult per night.
SuperSaver pricing kicks in March 15 - April 6, 2013. Families can enjoy all of Smugglers’ award-winning activities and programs at the season’s lowest prices, with ski and stay packages starting at $85 per youth and $115 per adult per night.
The last black-out period is behind us at Burke Mountain and the spring skiing deals have been released! Show your 2012/13 season pass from another ski area for a $45 full day lift ticket from now until the end of the season. Sundays are FUNdays at Burke when everyone skis and rides half day for just $25 AND $20 rental equipment and $20 group lessons. Our Vermonter rates are now valid 7 days a week-just show your VT drivers license at any ticket window-and residents from Coos and Grafton counties in New Hampshire are considered Vermonters at Burke too! Already have a plan to visit Burke? Purchase your tickets online in advance receive a discount too! Visit us online at www.skiburke.com to learn about more spring and riding deals.
Upcoming Ski Vermont Events:
The abundant snowfall, lengthening sun and sweet deals are not the only things drawing in the well-informed skier. Vermont ski resorts boast some of the best on-slope and après activities in March. See below for the list of where to be spotted this spring.
- March 1- closing day, Mount Snow Resort: Vernal Eternal boasts huge events, competitions and concerts pretty much every weekend. For the full schedule of events and live music visit www.vernaleternal.com.
- March 2, Bromley Mountain: The Bart J. Ruggiere Center for Adaptive Sports celebrates 10 years with their Limitless Luau. The day will feature lessons, a themed lunch, and a Level 1 adaptive race!
- March 2, Magic Mountain: The Ski the East Freeride Tour hosts over 100 competitors as they hit the gnarliest trail at Magic, followed by an apres ski party and awards ceremony sponsored by Long Trail and Vermont Spirits at the Black Line Tavern (BLT).
- March 2-3, Stowe Mountain Resort: Mercedes Benz Test Drive to Win Weekend
- March 9, Sugarbush Resort: The Castlerock Extreme, another stop on the Ski the East Freeride Tour
- March 11-13, Sugarbush Resort: The Women's Ski Discovery Camp is a great way to tune your turns.
- March 15-17, Stratton Mountain Resort: Riders of all pedigrees will strap in and throw down in the halfpipe, rail jam and banked slalom of the all-new Vermont Open.
- March 16, Okemo Mountain Resort: festEVOL concert series stop with Yukon Kornelius, plus O.A.R., Dee Snider and Jason Biggs.
- March 16, Bolton Valley: Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge. Anyone can sign up to compete!
- March 16,Sugarbush Resort: The Sugaring Time Festival is a sweet way to enjoy the afternoon.
- March 16-17, Magic Mountain: St Patrick's weekend hosts special guest The Brew playing the BLT on Saturday and a "Share the Magic" Rando Race up and down the mountain on Sunday.
- March 17, Bromley Mountain: Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge. Come out and watch or get in on the action yourself; this is the last chance to qualify for the national championships.
- March 17-May 4, Killington Resort: NOR’BEASTER, a seven week celebration of springtime, featuring Snoe.down, Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge and much more!
- March 20-21, Stowe Mountain Resort: Eastern Cup Finals for Division 1 college ski racers
- March 22-24, Stratton Mountain Resort: The first-ever 24 Hours of Stratton will have skiers and riders on the snow for a full 24 hours.
- March 23, Bolton Valley: Pond Skimming entertains and invites fierce competition
- March 23, Magic Mountain: Magic's traditional Spring Fling event will be held on with a fun race on Show Off for all, a big cook-out and a water-skimming contest in the works for the afternoon!
- March 23, Jay Peak Resort: Ski and Snowboard demos with Vermont made Worth Skis and Empyreal Snowboards.
- March 23-24, Smugglers’ Notch Resort: Vermont celebrates Maple Open House Weekend and Smugglers’ is the perfect home base to explore maple sugarhouses.
- March 30, Smugglers’ Notch Resort: The 18th annual BrewFest showcases local and regional beers with tastings, music, an appetizer buffet and a souvenir glass.
- March 31, Sugarbush Resort: Mt. Ellen Closing Season Party on the 31st and Easter celebration.
- April 6, Stratton Mountain Resort: The Annual Pond Skim and Spring Fling is a must for crazy costumes and those sweet last turns.
We want to be your tour guide! Ski Vermont offers individual media tours of our member resorts.
Contact email@example.com for more information.